Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And Now, Another View

I've known about and respected Arianna Huffington for quite some time. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that she's not an outspoken Republican apologist, as I'd expected when I first watched her on TV. Maybe it's the Republican emphasis on style over substance. Maybe it's my inherent distrust of big money.
But Huffington is the sort of intelligent, insightful, and energetic woman who is characteristic of the type of woman who made up Hillary Clinton's basis of support. She's hardly the type of person to be found among the ranks of hockey moms, which pollsters have suddenly found in disturbing numbers among female voters.
Huffington has expressed her own insights into the true nature of Sarah Palin and posted them on the Huffington Post. I especially like her phrase "repressive GWBush acolyte." So le mot juste.
Oh and another thing. It's not sexist to make an issue of a candidate's family obligations if that candidate uses every available public forum to trot out her kids and display them as examples of her political values.
Same goes for her religion.

No comments: